Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

Warren: ‘I Will Take a Hard Look at Running for President’ After Midterms

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) said Saturday she will take a "hard look at running for president," confirming a longtime rumor that she had her eyes on the White House.

Warren described herself as motivated by the Supreme Court confirmation process for Brett Kavanaugh, who has denied allegations of past sexual misconduct.

"I watched that and I thought: time's up," she said of his combative hearing performance on Thursday. "It's time for women to go to Washington and fix our broken government and that includes a woman at the top. So here's what I promise. After November 6, I will take a hard look at running for president."

The crowd erupted at the remarks, which were unusually frank for a lawmaker in the middle of running for a separate office.

The first-term lawmaker has been asked repeatedly about 2020 ambitions and often played coy, calling herself focused on winning re-election and getting Democrats control of Congress.

She has dropped hints before though, such as when she refused to commit to serving a full six-year term in Massachusetts during an interview with Chuck Todd in March.

Warren is one among what could be a crowded field of Democrats eager to challenge President Donald Trump, many of them fellow Senators. Others considered likely contenders include former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D., Calif.), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.), former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D.), and former Attorney General Eric Holder.

Warren and Trump have not been shy about expressing their derision for one another; she's called him a "nasty little bully" while Trump has mocked her claim of Native American ancestry by nicknaming her "Pocahontas."

The post Warren: ‘I Will Take a Hard Look at Running for President' After Midterms appeared first on Washington Free Beacon.

The post <a href=https://freebeacon.com/politics/warren-i-will-take-a-hard-look-at-running-for-president-after-midterms/ target=_blank >Warren: ‘I Will Take a Hard Look at Running for President’ After Midterms</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...