Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

Amputee Veteran Gives David Hogg A Solid Piece Of Advice

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Derek Weida, an amputee veteran, decided to weigh in on the gun debate, and it's worth reading. It's not what you think. It's not some guy going, “Screw you– I love my gunz!” He takes a very different approach.

It reads:

I'm Derek, I got shot on a house raid in Iraq. My getting shot didn't make me a professional on war, international relations, house raids (obviously), or guns. This horrible thing happened to me but I didn't come home and protest the war… Even though I do kinda have these feelings that Iraq was errr… Questionable.
But it ain't my place. I did my part.

So, I empathize with you and your peers because whereas I signed up to be shot at, none of you did. (Not exactly sure you actually got shot AT but that's not the point here).

Now… Guns. Here's my two cents: It's not a gun problem, not a people problem, it's a culture thing. Thing… Not problem. America loves guns. Accept that just like I had to accept that America loves God. Don't ever be so quick to tell a whoooole lot of people how to live.

F**king NOBODY wants school shootings, mass shootings, shootings of any kind where somebody ends up injured or dead. Nobody. But people want their guns. I'm actually kinda with the anti-gun folk. There's no need BUT! I've learned that the way I live and the things I believe have nothing to do with how others want to live or what they want to believe. I'm a well regulated idealist.

The people you're arguing against… It's not even about the gun. It's about the freedom and the right… And you can't win an argument against that, nor should you (In most cases). The reality is humans gonna human and when humans human bad things happen sometimes but on the grand scale of things… Like 99.999% of people are good. Yes, let's find ways to deter those .001% of people as best we can but they're gonna accomplish their task regardless… Most likely.

I guess I just want to say don't be so quick to talk. Don't be so quick to think YOU are somehow the ONE person who has things figured out. You want to make a change? Cool!! But… Try to be less of a c**t about it.

Love and respect,

Derek

THANK YOU. You heard that, right? He's “kinda with the anti-gun folk,” yet look at how RATIONAL he's being. He understands it's not as simple as saying, “Guns are evil! Take them now!”

Solid, solid advice. Don't act like a bratty little know-it-all. Or as Weida puts it, “be less of a c**t about it,” anti-gunners.

h/t IJReview

The post <a href=https://www.chicksonright.com/2018/04/01/amputee-veteran-gives-david-hogg-a-solid-piece-of-advice/ target=_blank >Amputee Veteran Gives David Hogg A Solid Piece Of Advice</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...