Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

30-Year-Old Pro-Golfer Grayson Murray Dies Hours After Withdrawing From Tournament

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Professional golfer Grayson Murray died just hours after withdrawing from the Charles Schwab Challenge due to an illness, the PGA Tour announced on Saturday. He was 30 years old.

Murray, who won the 2017 Barbasol Championship and the Sony Open earlier this year, battled anxiety, depression, and alcohol abuse early throughout his young career, CBS Sports reported. The pro-golfer from North Carolina said in January that he had been sober since early 2023. Murray was a standout golfer from a young age, becoming the second-youngest golfer to make the cut on the Korn Ferry Tour at just 16 years old.

“We were devastated to learn — and are heartbroken to share — that PGA Tour player Grayson Murray passed away this morning. I am at a loss for words,” PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan said in a statement. “The PGA Tour is a family, and when you lose a member of your family, you are never the same. We mourn Grayson and pray for comfort for his loved ones.”

“I reached out to Grayson’s parents to offer our deepest condolences, and during that conversation, they asked that we continue with tournament play,” Monahan added. “They were adamant that Grayson would want us to do so. As difficult as it will be, we want to respect their wishes.”

Murray’s death was announced on CBS’ broadcast of the Charles Schwab Challenge in Fort Worth, Texas, with CBS commentator Jim Nantz saying that the PGA Tour offered to Murray’s family to “stop play.”

“The family was, again, adamant that Grayson — and the family — wants the tournament to go on,” Nantz said. “Grayson Murray gone way too soon at the age of 30. It’s a sad day on the PGA Tour.”

Jim Nantz at a loss for words as the news of Grayson Murray’s passing occurs at the top of CBS’s coverage. pic.twitter.com/Oun2vqEjCP

— Joe Wright (@Sctvman) May 25, 2024
After he got sober last year, Murray said his faith and his fiancee helped him battle through.

“It took me a long time to get to this point,” he said in January. “… I’m a different man now. I would not be in this position right now today if I didn’t put that drink down eight months ago.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILYWIRE+ APP

“People who don’t know me, I’ll have to show it through my actions, and they’ll get back on Grayson’s side,” he added. “My demeanor is so much better. It’s really a lot of fun now. I really don’t live and die by a golf shot anymore. I’m not going to sit here and say it’s going to be all glory and roses, but it’s going to be a lot better.”

The post <a href=https://www.dailywire.com/news/30-year-old-pro-golfer-grayson-murray-dies-hours-after-withdrawing-from-tournament target=_blank >30-Year-Old Pro-Golfer Grayson Murray Dies Hours After Withdrawing From Tournament</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...