A soon-to-be 104-year-old World War II veteran in Ohio is going viral after asking President Trump if he would attend his upcoming birthday celebration.
Denver Moore, who is set to turn 104 on May 15, invited the commander-in-chief to attend in a video statement. “I’m going to be 104 in May and I’m inviting you to my birthday party the 17th,” Moore, sporting a MAGA hat, said in the clip that was uploaded to TikTok last month.
The clip has since gone viral on TikTok and X, racking up more than 800,000 views over ten days. “I got to vote for you again, and I hope I get to vote for you some more,” the veteran told President Trump.
Allison Dudley, a friend of Moore’s family, filmed and uploaded the veteran’s message to TikTok. Dudley made her own pitch to the president towards the end of the video, saying, “He’s a World War II veteran – Army Air Corps. You should come and visit him. He wants you here for his birthday.”
Moore currently resides at the Danbury Senior Living facility in Massilon, Ohio, located just south of Cleveland.
Danbury Senior Living executive director Kelli Beckler spoke highly of Moore in a statement to The Canton Repository. “We all really enjoy having Denver as one of our residents here. We love hearing his stories. He’s a great historian and storyteller, and it’s a real honor to be able to be a part of this with him,” she said.
Beckler added that the veteran’s birthday wish was for the post to go viral in hopes of getting President Trump to attend. “We’ve been having people from all over call the facility wanting to send him cards and different things,” she said.
Moore was born and raised on a farm in Noble County, Ohio, and worked at Hercules Engine Co. before he was drafted into military service in 1942. After the war, he worked for the U.S. Postal Service and raised a family, The Repository reported.
While speaking with Fox 5 Cleveland, Moore’s son, Rich, said he hopes his dad’s wish comes true. “If this makes him happy, then great. Whatever it takes,” he said.
In a statement to The Canton Repository, Moore explained that his request is deeply rooted in patriotism and love for his country. “It’s a wonderful country,” he said. “I’m glad God gave us the United States.”
The veteran also reflected on the success of the video and thanked the hundreds-of-thousands of people who have been supporting him over the past 10 days. “In my long life, I never dreamed of that happening,” he said.
“They have a parade, firetrucks, (and) police cars. … It’ll be over at Canal Fulton at the (Veterans Affairs) club. According to that video, there’s thousands of people who know all about it,” the veteran added in reference to his birthday celebration.
The White House has yet to respond when asked for comment by Fox News, though supporters of both Moore and the president are hoping Trump’s team will see the video by the end of the week.