British actor and podcaster Russell Brand has been charged with rape, sexual assault, and indecent assault relating to four different women, according to British authorities.

Incidents associated with the charges occurred from 1999 to 2005, and Brand, 49, is facing two counts of rape, two counts of sexual assault, and indecent assault, according to England’s Crown Prosecution Service.

“We carefully reviewed the evidence after a police investigation into allegations made following the broadcast of a Channel 4 documentary in September 2023,” Chief Crown Prosecutor Jaswant Narwal said in a Friday statement.

“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds everyone that criminal proceedings are active, and the defendant has the right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that there be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.”

London’s Metropolitan Police have written to Brand to inform him of the charges and instruct him to appear before the Westminster Magistrates’ Court on May 2, according to a report.

“The women who have made reports continue to receive support from specially trained officers,” Detective Superintendent Andy Furphy said. “The Met’s investigation remains open and detectives ask anyone who has been affected by this case, or anyone who has any information, to come forward and speak with police.”

ADOLESCENCE IS GRIPPING, BEAUTIFUL … PROPAGANDA

Brand is believed to be living in the United States and British authorities would have to seek an agreement to bring him to the United Kingdom. Extradition would be considered if there is no cooperation with the suspect, according to the report.

Brand has previously rejected the allegations against him and called them “very, very hurtful,” according to the report. He maintains that his relationships were “always consensual.”



Comment on this Article Via Your Disqus Account