Newly obtained internal FBI chat logs are sending waves through Washington, as they reveal the bureau actively suppressed information about the Hunter Biden laptop story on the very day the New York Post broke the bombshell report in October 2020.
The House Judiciary Committee released the documents Tuesday, exposing what appears to be a coordinated effort by senior FBI officials to stifle discussion of the laptop’s contents — even as one FBI analyst tried to confirm its authenticity to Twitter.
“Please do not discuss Biden matter,” reads one message from October 14, 2020, in an FBI internal chat log now made public. That same day, the FBI had the laptop in its possession and knew it was real — yet told social media companies otherwise, allowing Big Tech to censor the story as so-called Russian disinformation.
In testimony to Congress, Laura Dehmlow, then the China unit chief of the FBI’s Foreign Influence Task Force, recalled that “somebody from Twitter essentially asked whether the laptop was real. And one of the FBI folks… did confirm that, yes, it was — before another participant jumped in and said no further comment.”
According to the chat logs, the FBI analyst was later admonished and reportedly told to “shut up” despite simply telling the truth. A senior FBI lawyer then issued what’s being described as a “gag order” on the analyst to prevent further confirmation.
“NOPE… just a domestic hit job, yay,” one message read sarcastically on the day the Post story broke. Another official asked, “You guys are tracking the coverage of the laptop right?” to which one response was: “Tried to thread a smallll needle there.”
In an exchange involving the FBI’s Office of General Counsel, one message flatly states: “Nobody on call is authorized to comment.” That directive was later reinforced by internal messages reading, “Please do not discuss Biden matter” and “We cannot comment.”
The internal clampdown happened as tech companies were relying heavily on FBI guidance to shape their decisions on what to censor. In internal Facebook communications released last year, executives openly discussed suppressing the New York Post story in part to “calibrate” favor with a potentially incoming Biden-Harris administration.
While over 30 million Americans voted during the week the story was suppressed, federal investigators sat on explosive evidence that the Biden family’s foreign dealings were real — and potentially corrupt. The laptop, originally handed over to the FBI by Delaware repairman John Paul Mac Isaac in December 2019, had already been verified.
The Judiciary Committee’s interim report points to the FBI’s actions as a direct interference in the 2020 election. “While the FBI eventually conceded that it had no indication the allegations in the Post story were Russian disinformation,” the report says, “the FBI still withheld the fact that it had seized and authenticated Hunter Biden’s laptop months prior.”
In October of last year, Chairman Jim Jordan (R-OH) blasted the agency for misleading the public and aiding Big Tech’s suppression of truthful reporting. “If the FBI’s intent was truly to combat foreign interference, they would have told the truth — not imposed a gag order,” Jordan said.
Fortunately, President Trump, @AGPamBondi, @FBIDirectorKash have ended the FBI’s Foreign Influence Task Force, which was responsible for this ‘prebunking’ operation.
We will continue to work with them to increase transparency and end the weaponization of federal law enforcement.
— House Judiciary GOP
(@JudiciaryGOP) April 1, 2025
Fortunately, according to the Judiciary GOP, the task force responsible for the “pre-bunking” campaign — the FBI’s Foreign Influence Task Force — has now been shut down under pressure from figures like Attorney General Pam Bondi and FBI Director Kash Patel.
But for millions of Americans, the damage is done.
SUGGESTED VIDEOS FOR YOU
Watch THIS before you read the declassified MLK and JFK files!
Karoline Leavitt SNAPS at reporter in EPIC takedown!
DEER IN HEADLIGHTS! NPR CEO blindsided by her own anti-white tweets!
Kaitlan Collins PANICS after Trump official brings up $5M defamation suit!
Here’s what EVERYONE missed about Trump’s Greenland strategy!
Help Us ERADICATE The Left Wing Media By Subscribing To Our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe for Daily Reporting on the Trump Administration & Always Receive the Truth!