Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

Plano, Texas accepts recall petition for councilman who called for Islam not be taught as fact in public schools

TPcat78

Mar 13, 2018
* Back Story from February 21, 2018... Of a Texas City Councilman, Tom Harrison, who was being pressured into resigning his position.

His crime you ask?? For wanting a ban of Islam in public schools.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/tx-councilman-pressured-quit-wanting-islam-public-schools/
By Robert Spencer : February 21, 2018

I had no idea this was happening in Texas!

Well.. fast forward to April - - Here is an update to that link above in jihadwatch.org

"Plano, Texas accepts recall petition for councilman who called for Islam not be taught as fact in public schools"

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/04/plano-texas-accepts-recall-petition-for-councilman-who-called-for-islam-not-be-taught-as-fact-in-public-schools#comment-1874044
Apr 4, 2018 6:41 pm By Robert Spencer

See my article about this imbroglio here, and the accompanying video here. That a recall of Harrison should even be considered shows how far the stigmatization of any opposition to jihad terror and Sharia oppression has advanced in the U.S.

Harrison said Islam should not be in the public schools. Does he have cause for concern? Yes. Liberty High School in Frisco, Texas, recently established a prayer room for Muslim students, drawing a rebuke from Texas Deputy Attorney General Andrew Leonie, who said: “Liberty High School’s policy should be neutral toward religion. However, it appears that students are being treated different based on their religious beliefs. Such a practice, of course, is irreconcilable with our nation’s enduring commitment to religious liberty.” But in response, Liberty High School doubled down, and kept its Islamic prayer room.

There have been reports of Islamic indoctrination in public schools in Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Jersey, and elsewhere.

But Harrison is “anti-Muslim,” and faces recall, for opposing this. Unless and until such initiatives as this recall effort are decisively rejected, America is in deep trouble, as it will be ever more difficult to mount any opposition to jihad and advancing Sharia. That, of course, is the objective of those who mounted this recall effort.

jihadwatch article photo.jpg

“City secretary accepts recall petition for Councilman Harrison,” by Kelsey Samuels, Plano Star Courier, April 4, 2018 (thanks to TX Deb):

" For over an hour Wednesday, Plano city secretary Lisa Henderson counted 568 pages of a recall petition against Councilman Tom Harrison. After he refused to resign during a special session in February, residents came together under the name Our Plano One Plano with one singular hope: remove Harrison from the Plano City Council.

After weeks of canvassing, the group accumulated over 4,000 signatures to recall Harrison and bring his seat up for re-election.

During a short press conference, Ann Bacchus of Our Plano One Plano said, “We stand together today to say to Tom Harrison and anyone else who wants to do this that we reject this kind of bigotry, discrimination and intolerance. Plano is excellent and it is excellent because of all of you, because of the diversity. Our residents, Plano residents, deserve more than indignation.”

Once Henderson accepted the petition, she has five days to verify each signature and present a report to Plano City Council, which she’ll submit April 9 at the next Plano City Council meeting.

Al Samara, longtime friend of Harrison’s, acted as his spokesman during the press conference….

“He’s being called an Islamophobe. He’s being called a xenophobe. You saw how much hate there was in that room there? There was no cooperative, ‘we’re all neighbors here’ going on in that room,” Samara said. “The councilman’s very shocked by all of this. He’s shocked by the way this opposition has pulled together.”

In Harrison’s original apology, he noted, “My action was personal in nature,” and his intent was to share a different perspective on religion in schools. In a more recent statement, he raised the question “how in the world did that thought,” referring to a Facebook post that called President Donald Trump to ban Islam in schools, “get converted into slavery and homeless veterans? And ultimately into an anti-Muslim attack … Anyone that knows me will attest to me not being ‘anti’ anything. Some of the items said to be attributed to me, I have NEVER seen.”

TPcat78

Mar 13, 2018
So its looking like Plano Texas schools, as well as way too many across our country... are catering to pisslam.