Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

One AWKWARD Meeting… Rosenstein Meets With Trump At The White House

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com
YIIIIIIKES.

I don't know what Trump and Rosenstine talked about in the White House, but my guess is it WASN'T PRETTY.

Talk about AWKWARD.

According to Fox:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein — in President Donald Trump's crosshairs — was summoned to the White House for a meeting with the president on Thursday, amid recent calls from some of Trump's supporters for his ouster over his role in the expanding Russia investigation.

I, for one, don't think those calls are wrong.

Rosenstein, who is Attorney General Jeff Sessions' deputy and who was appointed by Trump, was spotted leaving the West Wing on Thursday afternoon, though a White House official played down the meeting's significance.

“Rod Rosenstein met with the president at the White House regarding routine department business,” the official said.

Hmmm… I'm not buying it.

The meeting, though, seemed to have been arranged quickly. Rosenstein had been scheduled to introduce Sessions during an afternoon event at the Justice Department. But the emcee of that event announced that Rosenstein had been “called away on another matter.”

Justice Department officials said Rosenstein was at the White House for about an hour. He was accompanied by FBI officials and discussed document production to Congress, they said. Rosenstein also met with White House Counsel Don McGahn.

…and was probably sweating bullets THE ENTIRE TIME.

The meeting comes at a sensitive time for Rosenstein. Trump, outraged over the FBI's raid of personal lawyer Michael Cohen's office this week, has been publicly venting his frustration with Rosenstein, Sessions and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

“Mueller is most conflicted of all (except Rosenstein who signed FISA & Comey letter),” the president tweeted Wednesday.

Much of the bad blood with Russia is caused by the Fake & Corrupt Russia Investigation, headed up by the all Democrat loyalists, or people that worked for Obama. Mueller is most conflicted of all (except Rosenstein who signed FISA & Comey letter). No Collusion, so they go crazy!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 11, 2018

Trump's attack on Rosenstein is in reference to how the deputy attorney general signed a FISA surveillance warrant for former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

The president has repeatedly decried the DOJ and FBI's efforts to obtain that surveillance warrant.

And again… this comes at a time when EEEEVERYONE seems to want to get rid of him.

Some Trump supporters have been urging him to get rid of Rosenstein.

“Rod Rosenstein is so incompetent, compromised and conflicted that he can no longer serve as the deputy attorney general,” former federal prosecutor Joseph diGenova told Fox News' “Hannity” on Wednesday.

But despite this pressure, Trump on Thursday tweeted that he agrees with his legal team in cooperating with Mueller's probe.

“I have agreed with the historically cooperative, disciplined approach that we have engaged in with Robert Mueller (Unlike the Clintons!),” the president tweeted Thursday.

Other supporters – including former adviser Stephen Bannon – have publicly encouraged Trump to stop cooperating with Mueller's requests.

“The president wasn't fully briefed by his lawyers on the implications” of not invoking executive privilege, Bannon told The Washington Post. “It was a strategic mistake to turn over everything without due process, and executive privilege should be exerted immediately and retroactively.”

Earlier Thursday, Trump denied seeking to shut down Mueller's Russia probe, saying he would have fired the special counsel months ago if he'd wanted him gone.

“If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December, as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him,” the president tweeted. “Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper!”

WOOF. We'll see how this all pans out… but it's not going to be all rainbows and cupcakes, that's for sure.

The post <a href=https://www.chicksonright.com/2018/04/12/one-awkward-meeting-rosenstein-meets-with-trump-at-the-white-house/ target=_blank >One AWKWARD Meeting… Rosenstein Meets With Trump At The White House</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...