Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

October Surprises, Hollywood Style

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

It’s election season, which means Hollywood is pulling out all the stops to push a Democrat over the top.

We’ve already seen White Dudes for Harris, preaching stars at the Democratic National Convention, and wall-to-wall social media messages from the likes of Mark Hamill and Rob Reiner.

Now, it’s time to talk politics at your neighborhood movie house.

This year offers a twist to that tried and blue formula. A few titles buck the progressive narrative, offering a different take on presidential politics. It’s both a sign of the times and a warning shot across the cultural bow.

“Hollywood” takes on a whole new meaning as upstart media companies disrupt the usual narratives.

The most prominent title still clings to DNC talking points. “The Apprentice,” which made a splash at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, explores the early years of real estate mogul Donald Trump, played by Sebastian Stan.

AKA the Republican nominee for the White House.

Director Ali Abbasi says the film, slated for an October 11 release, isn’t a hit piece. Nor is he telling Americans how to vote.

To quote a popular meme, “Sure, Jan.”

“Do I want to show you some stuff about character? Yes, I would very much love that and I think we have some great stuff to show … What you do with that knowledge is up to you. But that knowledge might come in handy if you want to go and vote.”

Team Trump already cried foul over the film, particularly a scene where Stan’s Trump assaults then-wife Ivana Trump (Maria Bakalova from “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm”). The real Ivana Trump leveled the charge during divorce proceedings but later recanted on the record.

Abbasi included the scene anyway.

Here’s Ivana in her own words years later: “I have recently read some comments attributed to me from nearly 30 years ago at a time of very high tension during my divorce from Donald. The story is totally without merit,” Ivana said in a statement to CNN.

“Donald and I are the best of friends and together have raised three children that we love and are very proud of. I have nothing but fondness for Donald and wish him the best of luck on his campaign. Incidentally, I think he would make an incredible president.”

A more curious anti-Trump film looms in the not-so-distant future, and while there’s no official release date it seems absurd that it won’t go live before November 5.

“2073” is speculative fiction, a quasi-documentary that examines where the world might be if we keep heading in the wrong direction. Think income inequality, climate change, and other progressive talking points run wild.

The film’s teaser features footage of villains like Vladimir Putin and Trump, the latter suggesting the dystopian vision has roots in his presidency. The Trump connection doesn’t end there. The film, which just bowed at the Venice Film Festival, features a brief visual tease of more Trumpian leaders.

A digital billboard announces “Chairwoman Trump celebrates 30th year in power,” complete with Ivanka Trump’s image.

Subtle.

It’s the kind of hard-left content that may draw little attention at the cineplex but outsized media coverage. That’s already happened.

Another project promises a microscopic audience on two fronts. A new CNN documentary (a contradiction in terms given the platform’s overt bias) called “Kamala” should drop sometime in October, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Don’t expect Harris’ word salad speeches or epic flip-flops to get a fair hearing.

Documentaries rarely score big with audiences. Plus, the title in question is a short film, further hampering its potential. The title will reportedly shift to VOD platforms before Election Day, which seems a better fit given its length.

Conservatives have several options as election season marches on. Consider the latest installment in the “God’s Not Dead” saga, out September 12. Subtitled, “In God We Trust,” the sequel finds Pastor Dave (David A.R. White) running for Congress against a far-Left zealot (Ray Price) who loathes religion.

Cultural sparks fly, with our hero struggling to balance his Christian beliefs with the rough and tumble world of Beltway politics.

The film’s cast alone, including openly conservative stars like Scott Baio and Samaire Armstrong, sends a political message. So, too, does the film’s plot which is both pro-faith and anti-progressive.

By now, the franchise is preaching directly to the choir, but said choir is given few choices at the movies. Or, at least, that was once the case.

This year is a little different.

The Daily Wire team that uncorked “What Is a Woman?” two years ago returns with an even more incendiary title. “Am I Racist?” finds star Matt Walsh going undercover as a trained DEI instructor to expose the radical movement.

The film hits theaters nationwide on September 13, the first time a Daily Wire title moves out from behind a paywall. And the timing couldn’t be better. DEI policies are under fire across the country, and Team Trump has little appetite for the measures.

Tickets for “Am I Racist?” are on sale NOW! Buy here for a theater near you.

The Democratic ticket, by stark comparison, is headed by a politician many see as the ultimate DEI hire, Vice President Kamala Harris.

Democrats have been amplifying January 6 for years, yet the party curiously kept the topic mostly off-stage during the recent DNC convention in Chicago.

Now, The Babylon Bee is resurrecting that day for a mockumentary sure to make the Left squirm. “January 6: The Most Deadliest Day,” available October 11 for Bee subscribers, takes a tongue-in-cheek look at the Capitol riot.

The mockumentary’s paywall suggests the film won’t find a wide audience, but the Bee’s brand of satire hits both sides enough to suggest some center-left viewers may find a message in the comic madness.

And, if the satire lands as expected, it could leave a mark.

That’s the whole goal of October surprises, to make voters think twice before making their votes heard.

Christian Toto is an award-winning journalist, movie critic and editor of HollywoodInToto.com. He previously served as associate editor with Breitbart News’ Big Hollywood. Follow him at @HollywoodInToto.

The views expressed in this piece are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Daily Wire.

The post <a href=https://www.dailywire.com/news/october-surprises-hollywood-style target=_blank >October Surprises, Hollywood Style</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...