Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

Michael Cohen: Yes, I’m worried, but the FBI was super courteous and professional

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Dude, it's happening. He's gonna roll over.

Tom Hagen never would have rolled over.

I would have expected snarlin' Michael Cohen, top Trump lackey and a man known for being colorfully blunt about what he'll do to people who make trouble for him, to have been defiant after the raid. Trump's foursquare behind him, after all. Grassroots righties are treating the raid as a deep-state putsch, with Cohen as the sympathetic victim. If ever there was a moment for an “I'll fight like hell” war cry, this is it. Instead Cohen sounds like he's ready to make coffee for the FBI agents rifling through his papers. Maybe, like Rod Rosenstein and the magistrate judge who signed off on his search warrant, he has good reason to think he's in big trouble.

“I am unhappy to have my personal residence and office raided. But I will tell you that members of the FBI that conducted the search and seizure were all extremely professional, courteous and respectful. And I thanked them at the conclusion,” Cohen said in a phone conversation on Tuesday with CNN.

Asked if he was worried, Cohen said; “I would be lying to you if I told that I am not. Do I need this in my life? No. Do I want to be involved in this? No.”…

Cohen did not fault the FBI agents who conducted the raid at his house, office and a hotel where he is temporarily staying…

He said that he is very loyal to Trump but after what happened on Monday, he'd rethink how he handled the payments to Daniels because of the impact on his family.

He continues to say there was nothing improper about how the Daniels matter was handled but that's impossible to believe. The best-case scenario for him at this point is that (a) the payment to Daniels is somehow deemed not to have been a campaign contribution even though Cohen didn't think to get her to sign an NDA about a five-year-old affair until three weeks before the 2016 election, and (b) it turns out that Cohen really did sign the hush-money agreement on Trump's behalf, as his lawyer, but never told Trump the details, which would merely be a major ethical breach instead of a criminal violation. Hard days ahead for him. The only question is how hard.

Meanwhile:

NEW: Stormy Daniels cooperating with federal investigators probing 2016 non-disclosure agreement and $130,000 payment she received from Pres. Trump's longtime personal attorney, Michael Cohen, sources familiar with the proceedings tell @NBCNews@S_Fitzpatrick / @Tom_Winter

— NBC News (@NBCNews) April 10, 2018

Her lawyer teased a bit more about that earlier:

Due to the FBI raids of Mr. Cohen's office/home and a subsequent request we received this morning to delay the release of the forensic sketch of the thug that threatened Ms. Clifford to “leave Trump alone”, we will not be releasing the sketch or reward details today. Timing TBD.

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) April 10, 2018

My client @stormydaniels and I will fully cooperate with any search for the truth regarding the threats, cover-up and lies concerning the NDA and $130k payment. Unlike others, we don't require the presence of the fine members of the FBI in order to speak honestly. #basta

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) April 10, 2018

The detail about holding back the sketch for now is interesting. Maybe that's just Avenatti hype. Or maybe the feds want to use it as leverage over Cohen, thinking he may have had something to do with the threat made to Daniels years ago in Vegas. They may be racing to identify the man now and to talk to him before he realizes for sure that they're onto him. Imagine what he might have to say about Cohen (and Trump?) if he wakes up to a dozen FBI agents banging on his door.

Sounds like POTUS is about ready to bring in the big guns:

Some news – Dershowitz has been at the White House for part of today as Trump seeks his input, and he's supposed to have dinner with the president tonight, per WH sources

— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) April 10, 2018

Might be too late at this point for Alan Dershowitz legal magic, though. Here's Avenatti on MSNBC last night claiming that he feels a bit sorry for Cohen, whom he expects will be forced to be Trump's fall guy. Quote: “I think when push comes to shove he's going to fold like a cheap deck of cards.” Is he right?

The post Michael Cohen: Yes, I'm worried, but the FBI was super courteous and professional appeared first on Hot Air.

The post <a href=https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/10/michael-cohen-yes-im-worried-fbi-super-courteous-professional/ target=_blank >Michael Cohen: Yes, I’m worried, but the FBI was super courteous and professional</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...

Reactions: TPcat78

TPcat78

Mar 13, 2018
Maybe I may have misunderstood.. but thought FBI took all of his files, papers and computers away?

I think it was Rush Limbaugh (or another talker) today made an good observation about Cohen's other clients.

What about them? If Mr. Cohen was also working on multiple cases for other people . . . wondering if the FBI left those cases behind for him to still work with... Or are they also up the creek, forced to find a new lawyer?

Because of Rotten Rosenstein and Bastard Mueller's meddling and unstoppable thirst to get Trump, they may have thrown a monkey wrench in other people's life affairs.
(providing if there are separate other clients Cohen was working for at the same time).

And I don't know about HotAir's article... but I sure as hell wouldn't be acting "calm & cool" around the agents. (as that site is trying to paint it).
Screw them!!