Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

High School Switches To ‘Africentric Math’ To Build Black Students’ “Self-Confidence”

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com
A High School in Canada is switching over to “Africentric Math” for their black students so that they feel… AND I QUOTE “capable of doing the math.”

THIS. IS. MORONIC.

I'm sorry, but if you think Black students need “special math” then YOU ARE A RACIST.

What message is this school sending?! Black people can't do math?! Black people need “Africentric” math, or they'll get confused? Black people can't do “regular” math… they need “African” math?

Not my words. I think some people are good at math, and some aren't. It's not a RACE THING. To decide that a RACE OF STUDENTS NEEDS SPECIAL MATH LESSONS is BEYOND messed up.

According to Daily Caller:

A Canadian high school switched to “Africentric Math” to attract black students to go into Science, Technology, Engineering and Math(STEM) fields, according to Canadian Broadcasting's(CBC) Wednesday report.

Nova Scotia's Auburn Drive High School math teachers are skipping their previous eurocentric approach to teaching mathematics so black students will gain more interest in the subject, the CBC reported. Teachers are adopting an Afrocentric lens to teach mathematics, based on incorporating African history and culture to make math classes resonate with their students.

Auburn High School is working with the Imphop's Legacy Academy, a program encouraging black students to get interested in STEM, to craft their new curriculum. One example of the new approach is using Egyptian pyramids to explain trigonometry.

I'm sorry, but WTF? The Principal says “Africentric” math is good for black kids because it “focuses on their own experiences.”

These Canadian black kids built the Egyptian pyramids just as much as I sailed on over here on the Mayflower. (Or the Santa Maria. Take your pick.)

What I'm getting at is that THIS IS STUPID AND RACIST.

“It's academic math, but we want to build their self-confidence, their self-awareness so they can feel that they're capable of doing the math,” Auburn Drive High School Principal Karen Hudson said.

MAYBE THE FIRST STEP IS TO STOP ACTING LIKE BLACK KIDS CAN'T DO MATH, YOU MOBUS.

Here she is, explaining why black kids need to be in “special” math classes:

Temple University's African Studies Chair Molefi Asante originally designed the Afrocentric movement in a book, “Afrocentricity: The Theory of Social Change,” published in 1980. He criticized the “Eurocentric” focus of education and instead encouraged academics to make lessons more relatable to African students. One example is teaching biology based on black biologist Ernest Just's research over someone white, according to The American Prospect.

There are already 23 students who signed up to take the Afrocentric math class starting September 2018.

These kids could not be done a bigger disservice. This is atrocious.

The post <a href=https://www.chicksonright.com/2018/03/30/high-school-switches-to-africentric-math-to-build-black-students-self-confidence/ target=_blank >High School Switches To ‘Africentric Math’ To Build Black Students’ “Self-Confidence”</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...