Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

CNN Admits They Let Anti-Gun Students Lie

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Lying is kosher on CNN, so long as it's for a good cause, apparently.

The network has long played loose with the facts with guns, and on many occasions, has demonstrated its complete illiteracy on the topic. Just a few examples; the network reported that the Navy Yard shooter was armed with an “AR-15 shotgun,” think that gun suppressors make a firearm completely silent, and believe that the AR-15 is a “full-semi-automatic” firearm. My personal favorite, however, is when the network showed a graphic of a rifle with a grenade launcher attached in a discussion about bump stocks:

This time around, the network is admitting that they've let the pro-gun control Parkland student activists be just as careless with the facts as they are.

According to The Blaze:

During an appearance on HLN's “S.E. Cupp Unfiltered,” Stelter admitted that during a Feb. 25 interview with Hogg, he didn't challenge Hogg when the student made some false claims about firearms on his show last month.

S.E. Cupp questioned if TV networks are doing the students a “disservice” by airing the Parkland students passions, when it's policy that actually moves the needle and accomplishes change.

“There were a few times I wanted to jump in and say, ‘Let's correct that fact.' And at one of the times I did and other times I did not. There's always that balance, how many times you're going to interrupt,” Stelter said about when he had Hogg on his show.

But why didn't he correct them? Because he empathizes with them.

“I think we have to recognize where David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez are coming from. There has been an increase in the lethality of mass shootings in recent years in this country,” Stelter said. “And so I can see where these students are coming from saying, ‘This is getting worse.'”

I don't think anyone doesn't empathize with them for the tragedy they suffered through, but even Stelter's claim that “there has been an increase in the lethality of mass shootings in recent years” is a weird way of obscuring the facts. Yes, it is technically true that mass shootings are becoming more lethal, but that's nearly entirely due to two outliers: the Pulse Nightclub massacre, and the Las Vegas massacre.

When it comes to the frequency of mass public shootings, there's no recent trend upward. And when it comes to school shootings, our schools are safer than ever.

In fact, there's no safer place to be in America than in a school. Just look at the statistics for yourself:

Help get the truth out – share this post on Facebook and Twitter so everyone knows how dishonest CNN is!

The post CNN Admits They Let Anti-Gun Students Lie appeared first on The Political Insider.

The post <a href=https://thepoliticalinsider.com/cnn-lies-about-guns/ target=_blank >CNN Admits They Let Anti-Gun Students Lie</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...