In the aftermath of a senseless act of violence targeting a pair of National Guard servicemembers earlier this week, the Trump administration took a decidedly tough stance against the Afghan national accused of pulling the trigger as well as those who might be planning to enter the US with similarly violent intent.
For her part, US Attorney Jeanine Pirro didn’t mince words, vowing to seek the death penalty in the event that one or both of the victims died:
Here’s a backup clip of the same remarks:
Tragically, just a short time after Pirro’s comments, news broke that one of the National Guard members died from her extensive injuries.BREAKING: US Attorney Jeanine Pirro announces CRIMINAL CHARGES against the Afghan shooter – confirms the DEATH PENALTY will be sought if one or both of the Guardsmen die from their injuries.![]()
"Make no mistake. If they do not survive, that will certainly be the charge. MURDER… pic.twitter.com/qA3d7bT6IS
— Eric Daugherty (@EricLDaugh) November 27, 2025
CNN provided an update:
The White House’s unwavering resolve in the wake of this tragedy has sparked widespread gratitude across social media:“She’s just passed away,” President Donald Trump said of US Army Spc. Sarah Beckstrom, 20, in a Thanksgiving call to service members. “She’s no longer with us. She’s looking down at us right now.”
US Air Force Staff Sgt. Andrew Wolfe, 24, the other West Virginia National Guard member injured in the Wednesday shooting, remains hospitalized and in “very serious condition,” West Virginia Gov. Patrick Morrisey told CNN’s Sara Sidner.
“Please keep my son in your prayers,” Wolfe’s father, Jason Wolfe, told CNN.
It also fueled outrage aimed at the policies of the Biden Administration:They dumped 1,000+ Afghan refugees on our beautiful city in Spokane . I knew they were targeting us because we’re a red voting stronghold in Washington state. Now a few days after the horrific shooting in Washington DC, we feel nervous and grateful that President Trump is… pic.twitter.com/rQxH84XNHF
— Mischief![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
(@gracieback2) November 28, 2025![]()
New details continue to emerge about the shooting, including footage released by the New York Post:The Biden Admin Cut & Run from Afghanistan was a horrible failure. It cost the lives of 13 troops at Abbey Gate & now more here at home.
President Trump is showing that foreign policy must come from strength not weakness. pic.twitter.com/5snd2wHitV
— Jim Hanson (@JimHansonDC) November 29, 2025
Here’s an excerpt from the Post’s report:Horrific new footage shows hero National Guardsman open fire on Afghan terror suspect. Read today's cover here: https://t.co/8s0bEwHimw pic.twitter.com/OuCLmsNOmr
— New York Post (@nypost) November 29, 2025
Disturbing new footage shows the moment a hero National Guard member opened fire on the suspected Afghan terrorist — just moments after the alleged gunman ambushed two troops in a broad daylight attack.
The suspect, Rahmanullah Lakanwal, could be seen brazenly wielding his gun as he fired rounds at the National Guard members in Washington, DC, on Thanksgiving eve, according to a series of live photos obtained by the Wall Street Journal.
At one point, a male guard can be seen running down the street as he frantically tries to reload his own weapon.
Here’s a clip of the disturbing incident:Moments later, images captured by a witness showed the two guards — Sarah Beckstrom, 20, and Andrew Wolfe, 24 — slumped over on the street.
The post <a href=https://wltreport.com/2025/11/29/breaking-u-s-attorney-pirro-files-criminal-charges/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=breaking-u-s-attorney-pirro-files-criminal-charges target=_blank >BREAKING: U.S. Attorney Pirro Files Criminal Charges Against Afghan Shooter — Death Penalty on the Table</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House
Continue reading...
