Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

Bowman Gives Shoutout To Muslim Communities Outside His District In Concession Speech

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

After losing his primary race, Rep. Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) used his concession speech on Tuesday night to tout his support from Muslims in San Francisco and Dearborn, Michigan.

Just weeks ago, Bowman accused his Democratic rival, George Latimer, of race-baiting for suggesting the lawmaker’s “constituency” was from those areas that have large Arab-American communities.

“You don’t understand what the Muslim community specifically did in this race. The Muslim community from Yonkers to San Francisco to Dearborn, Michigan,” Bowman said.

And ⬇

During primary, Bowman accused Latimer of Islamophobia for saying his constituents are from Dearborn, MI.

Tonight, Bowman: “You don’t understand what the Muslim community specifically did in this race. The Muslim community from Yonkers to San Francisco to Dearborn, MI.” pic.twitter.com/p5FBOPUnKE

— Jacob N. Kornbluh (@jacobkornbluh) June 26, 2024
During a debate earlier this month, Latimer cast Bowman as someone who did not prioritize the interests of his district in the Bronx and Westchester County with a diverse population.

“When you get as much money as you get from outside the district, your constituency is Dearborn, Michigan. Your constituency is San Francisco, California,” Latimer said.

Bowman, a member of the leftist “Squad” who has been a vocal critic of Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, called the comment an “Islamophobic dogwhistle” in a post to social media.

This Islamophobic dogwhistle shows the difference between my opponent and me.

I love our Muslim and Arab neighbors in NY16 just like I love our Jewish, white and Black neighbors here and across the country.

I’m fighting for all of us. https://t.co/JUPpE6GzIL

— Rep. Jamaal Bowman Ed.D. (@JamaalBowmanNY) June 11, 2024
“I love our Muslim and Arab neighbors in NY16 just like I love our Jewish, white and Black neighbors here and across the country,” he added. “I’m fighting for all of us.”

CNN host Abby Phillip asked Latimer to address his remark during a CNN interview after his campaign, backed by pro-Israel groups, was projected to win in New York’s 16th Congressional District.

“It’s not a dogwhistle of anything. He had a major fundraiser in California. He raised more money in California in the last report than he made from New York,” Latimer said.

He also noted that Bowman and fellow Israel critic Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), whose district includes Dearborn, formed a joint fundraising committee earlier this year.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILYWIRE+ APP

“It’s a geographic reference, not a demographic reference,” Latimer said.

Latimer added later that “it is clear that he raised money more in proportion outside the district from a nationwide network of donors that included people from those locations and others.”

Bowman’s decision to give props to the Muslim communities in places such as San Francisco and Dearborn during his concession speech also drew some backlash on social media.

“He hates that Jews in his own district live in tight-knit communities but Muslim communities in other parts of the country are praiseworthy,” said National Review Online Editor Phillip Klein.

The post <a href=https://www.dailywire.com/news/bowman-gives-shoutout-to-muslim-communities-outside-his-district-in-concession-speech target=_blank >Bowman Gives Shoutout To Muslim Communities Outside His District In Concession Speech</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...