Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Are you tired of leftist censorship? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

A Retired Double-Amputee Vet Was Turned Away From VA “Without Treatment Or Explanation”

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com
Stories like these literally make my skin crawl.

I spend a lot of time with veterans. My boyfriend is a retired Army Staff Sargeant. His closest friends are all vets. I've heard my fair share of complaints about the VA.

I have such a hard time understanding how our country allows for this. How dare we treat those who have put their lives on the line for our freedoms with anything but the best?

This story is one of so many I've heard like this… and it's beyond frustrating to know our vets are going through this kind of crap on a pretty regular basis.

According to Fox News:

A retired Marine Corps bomb technician said he was turned away from his local VA without receiving treatment after waiting for five hours.

Johnny “Joey” Jones — who lost both of his legs in a 2010 IED explosion — took his frustration to Twitter, saying that he was turned away “without treatment or explanation.”

After a 5hr wait I was turned away form @AtlantaVAMC at 2:30am this morning without treatment or explaination. Here's what happened..

— Johnny (Joey) Jones (@Johnny_Joey) May 9, 2018

Jones said he was told he could refill a prescription he needed at the VA's emergency room before an upcoming appointment.

“I've since learned you don't go to an emergency room for that. … It has been a disinformation campaign and that's been the biggest problem,” Jones said.

Jones tweeted that after waiting for about five hours, the doctor he was supposed to see was preparing to leave and told him he couldn't fill his prescription.

And asked when I would be seen. They told me that they close at 2am and I would be moved to a different part of the hospital. I showed my frustration so the nurse walked me straight back to the on duty doctor. He was preparing to leave at 2am (end of his shift)

He was rude, desmissive and said “I'm leaving I've been here all day, you'll have to wait” to which I replied “I've had no legs for 8 years I feel so bad for you” he then changed his demeanor and looked at my script. He smirked and said “I can't fill this here”… I lost it.

He said that after another wait, a nurse informed him another doctor likely wouldn't be able to write his prescription.

He brushed passed me without responding. I thought he was going to get my chart to take care of me, the nurse asked me to sit down. A few minutes later the nurse came back and told me the New doctor on duty (Dr. Baxter) would see me shortly (almost 3am at this point)

After another 15 minute wait the curse came back and told me it would be quite a long wait before she would get to me and that he didn't think she would writes a script anyway. I left in complete astonishment.

“I've also learned … that isn't a policy, it's a ‘common practice.' So each physician could decide to make that prescription,” Jones said.

He added that he has heard from “multiple VA administrators” after sharing his experience.

“The treatment I deserve is for raising my right hand, not for accidentally getting blown up,” Jones said on “Fox & Friends.”

Jones' VA has not yet responded to Fox News' request for comment.

Jones was on Fox to talk about his experience:

Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com

I could punch that doctor. Seriously.

The post <a href=https://www.chicksonright.com/2018/05/13/a-retired-double-amputee-vet-was-turned-away-from-va-without-treatment-or-explanation/ target=_blank >A Retired Double-Amputee Vet Was Turned Away From VA “Without Treatment Or Explanation”</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...