Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

‘Violence Has No Place In America’: Kamala, Others Respond After Shooter Targets Trump

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Vice President Kamala Harris and many others released statements on Sunday reacting to the shooting that threatened the life of former President Donald Trump at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Authorities said they believe the gunman, who fled the scene when the Secret Service returned fire, was attempting to assassinate Trump. A suspect has been taken into custody. Trump previously survived a shooting in July.

Trump released a defiant statement to supporters after the Sunday attack, declaring, “There were gunshots in my vicinity, but before rumors start spiraling out of control, I wanted you to hear this first: I AM SAFE AND WELL!”

He added, “Nothing will slow me down. I will NEVER SURRENDER! I will always love you for supporting me. Unity. Peace. Make America Great Again.”

The White House said in a statement that said President Joe Biden and Harris “have been briefed about the security incident at the Trump International Golf Course, where former President Trump was golfing.”

Biden and Harris “are relieved to know that he is safe,” the White House added. “They will be kept regularly updated by their team.”

Harris, who is facing Trump in the 2024 election, also posted to X, “I have been briefed on reports of gunshots fired near former President Trump and his property in Florida, and I am glad he is safe. Violence has no place in America.”

I have been briefed on reports of gunshots fired near former President Trump and his property in Florida, and I am glad he is safe. Violence has no place in America.

— Vice President Kamala Harris (@VP) September 15, 2024
Biden had not released his own statement more than three hours after the shooting took place.

Many people have reacted to the attack, including Trump’s running mate, Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH).

“I’m glad President Trump is safe. I spoke to him before the news was public and he was, amazingly, in good spirits,” Vance said. “Still much we don’t know, but I’ll be hugging my kids extra tight tonight and saying a prayer of gratitude.”

I'm glad President Trump is safe. I spoke to him before the news was public and he was, amazingly, in good spirits.

Still much we don't know, but I'll be hugging my kids extra tight tonight and saying a prayer of gratitude.

— JD Vance (@JDVance) September 15, 2024
A small cross-section of other responses to the shooting on Sunday, including from Trump’s allies and critics, can be read below, courtesy of posts to X:

Just spoke with President Trump. He is one of the strongest people I’ve ever known.

He’s in good spirits and he is more resolved than ever to save our country. https://t.co/9CWaeFrOpX

— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) September 15, 2024
Very distressed to hear that an armed individual showed up at Trump’s golf course and glad that the former president was not harmed.

This madness has got to stop.

Violence is not the answer to our political differences.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) September 15, 2024
Again folks!

SHOTS FIRED at Trump Golf Course in West Palm Beach, Florida.

An AK-47 was discovered in the bushes, per local law enforcement. The Trump campaign has released a statement confirming former President Trump is safe.

A suspect has reportedly been apprehended. pic.twitter.com/FwRfrO3v6y

— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) September 15, 2024
WATCH: MSNBC's Alex Witt argues the Trump campaign needs to turn down the rhetoric now that Donald Trump has been shot at for the second time in three months.

"Do you expect there to be calls from within the Trump campaign to [tone it down]?"

Elise Jordan replies she hopes… pic.twitter.com/NGjxqIsTPR

— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) September 15, 2024
I am relieved to hear that President Trump is safe. We must fully investigate what happened and why. There is no place for violence in our country. We need to Make America SAFE Again!

— Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (@RepLuna) September 15, 2024
It seems that another attempt has been made to assassinate President Trump.

First, let’s be glad the Secret Service performed their job.

Second, this is a poor reflection of our society and how far politics has devolved in our country.

— Matt Rosendale (@RepRosendale) September 15, 2024
Grateful that @realDonaldTrump is safe thanks to the quick response from law enforcement. Join me in keeping him and his family in your thoughts today after this latest shameful attempt on his life.

The violence must stop, and this individual must be prosecuted to the fullest…

— Senator John Cornyn (@JohnCornyn) September 15, 2024
They tried to assassinate President Trump again today.

For the second time.

The stakes of this election are literally life or death.

I’m praying for his safety and all of those around him.

I’m thankful for each and everyone that guards his life and his family.

— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (@RepMTG) September 15, 2024
My 'controversial' take on the gunshots near Trump's golf course in West Palm Beach today: We need to wait for the facts to be determined before reacting.

The @FBI is currently treating it as a potential assassination attempt, but haven't announced who fired the shots and why.

— Frank Luntz (@FrankLuntz) September 15, 2024
Very grateful that former President Trump has survived a second assassination attempt and that this time no bystanders were murdered or injured. Very interested to see how those eager to pin bomb threat on Trump and Senator Vance handle the distillation of causation here. One…

— Hugh Hewitt (@hughhewitt) September 15, 2024
Looks like it was an OTR (off the record) movement for President Trump.
Security is handled differently for OTR movements, and this policy may have to change moving forward.
The Secret Service loses any element of surprise with an OTR movement with President Trump because he’s…

— Dan Bongino (@dbongino) September 15, 2024
Political violence has no place in a democratic society.

— Hakeem Jeffries (@RepJeffries) September 15, 2024
The post <a href=https://www.dailywire.com/news/violence-has-no-place-in-america-kamala-others-respond-after-shooter-targets-trump target=_blank >‘Violence Has No Place In America’: Kamala, Others Respond After Shooter Targets Trump</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...

Most Viewed Threads