Welcome To Our Community!
Are you concerned about America? Join our community, where you can post your own articles and content, without leftist censorship. Team up with us today and make your voice heard!
Join Us!

‘They Wouldn’t Let Me Finish’: JD Vance Reveals Trump’s First Reaction To Gunman

Conservative Angle

Conservative Angle Administrator
Staff Member
Feb 22, 2018
conservativeangle.com

Delivering remarks in Georgia on Monday, Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) shared details about what he said was the moment former President Donald Trump told his running mate that he had just survived a second assassination attempt.

Trump was frustrated that the scare on Sunday — which resulted in Secret Service agents opening fire on a gunman poking a rifle through the fence at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida — disrupted his game, Vance told the audience.

.@JDVance shares the moment President Trump told him yesterday that he was nearly assassinated again:

"I said 'are you okay' — He said 'I'm a little mad because I was about to make a birdie putt on the 6th hole and they wouldn't let me finish' — That is kind of the guy you… pic.twitter.com/ybh8ZQ7w7O

— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) September 16, 2024
Vance said he was at home in Cincinnati with his 7-year-old child when Trump called and said, “JD, you’re not going to believe this, but they tried to do it again.’ And I said, ‘No they didn’t. You’re joshing me. What’s going on here sir?'”

Over the phone, Trump explained, “‘No, I was playing golf and the Secret Service found somebody who was trying to shoot me,'” to which Vance said he replied, ‘Oh my lord, sir, I’m so glad you’re okay. I mean, are you doing okay?…'”

Trump insisted he was “fine,” per Vance, who then got a laugh from the audience, saying, “This is just who Donald Trump is: He said, ‘I’m a little mad because I was about to make a birdie putt on the 6th hole and they wouldn’t let me finish.'”

Vance emphasized how Trump was “pissed off” his birdie putt had been disrupted — just 10 minutes after the Secret Service warded off a threat. The gunman fled, but law enforcement later detained a suspect and he was charged on Monday.

RELATED: ‘He Is Unstoppable’: Trump Gives Thumbs Up In Photo After Palm Beach Shooting

Alluding to the election, Vance said, “That is kind of the guy that you want to be president of the United States, right? Who is phased by nothing, who is telling jokes afterwards. I think I was without a question bothered by it more than he was.”

Vance then declared that he wanted to “take this opportunity to call for a reduction in the ridiculous and inflammatory political rhetoric coming from too many quarters of our politics,” eliciting yet another round of applause from the audience.

The post <a href=https://www.dailywire.com/news/they-wouldnt-let-me-finish-jd-vance-reveals-trumps-first-reaction-to-gunman target=_blank >‘They Wouldn’t Let Me Finish’: JD Vance Reveals Trump’s First Reaction To Gunman</a> appeared first on Conservative Angle | Conservative Angle - Conservative News Clearing House

Continue reading...